Tips for dealing with Greasy stains (e.g. oil-based cosmetics, oily foods, some inks)
- Apply a small amount of surgical spirit to some cotton wool or a cotton bud.
- Using this to apply the surgical spirit to the edges of the stain and work in toward the centre.
- Gently blot with a towel or kitchen roll, and repeat as a necessary until the stain no longer transfers.
- Do not allow the surgical spirit to soak through to the back of carpeting or foam filling materials!
- Using the detergent solution on cotton wool, dampen the area then blot with a towel or kitchen roll.
- To help prevent water marks, dry using a hair dryer, continually moving over the damp area.