General Tips when dealing with stains
- Deal with stains as quickly as possible for a better chance of success.
- Scrape up or blot up any excess before you try to clean the stain.
- Do not use inappropriate detergents (e.g. washing up liquid, washing powders, household bleach, disinfectants) on carpets or upholstery.
- Use detergents at the dilution recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not apply detergents directly onto the carpet or fabric - put the fluid on an absorbent material and use this to clean the stain.
- Do not over wet as the liquid will soak into the backing materials.
- Always work from the outside of the stain inward to avoid spreading.
- Never rub or scrub.
- Keep the fabric or carpet as dry as possible, and encourage quick drying (e.g. with a hair dryer).