Tips for Dried In Stains
- Mix up a detergent solution: add one egg cup full of white vinegar and a quarter of a teaspoon ONLY of carpet shampoo into 2 litres of lukewarm water.
- use cotton wool to apply the detergent solution to the stained area until wet.
- Blot with dry absorbent material like a towel or kitchen roll and repeat as necessary.
- place 5 or 6 layers of kitchen roll over the affected area.
- Use a large heavy book or catalogue to weigh down the kitchen roll.
- Allow to dry over 24 hours, to absorb any stain that wicks up to the surface during the drying.